Pregnant Womens’ Health
EC-GRO Algae Oil DHA
- Made in Switzerland
- To produce such high quality of DHA, the algae is cultivated by a specialized process and the DHA inside is extracted by a special system. It is natural, without contaminants and is extracted without the use of chemical solvents
- DHA-rich algae oil (DHA Algae oil, sunflower oil, Natural Rosemary flavoring, Antioxidants etc.)
- Support maternal health
- Lower the risk of preterm birth
- Promote infants’ brain and eye development
- Enhance infant’s cognitive performance
- Women preparing for pregnancy
- Pregnant women
- Lactating women
Suitable for women preparing for pregnancy, pregnant
and lactating women
Encapsulated in a vegetarian softgel, algae DHA is a whole vegetarian DHA formula, which provides human essential omega-3 fatty acids to support brain, heart and eye health. DHA is the main structure fat of gray matter of brain and retina of eye. Daily consumption of 200mg DHA fulfil the minimal DHA intake requirement of pregnant women, thus promoting maternal and infants’ health during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
|Good for pregnant women：
．Support maternal health
．Promote a normal gestation period
．Lower the risk of preterm birth
|Good for infants：
．Promote brain and eye development
．Improve cognitive performance
1) The oil used in EC-GRO is Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) by U.S. FDA.
2) Annex II of Reg. (EU) No 1169/2011
3) Koletzko B, Lien B, Agostoni C et al., (2008). The roles of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in pregnancy, lactation and infancy: review of current knowledge and consensus recommendations. J Perinat Med 36 (1): 5-14
4) Koletzko B, Cetin I, Brenna JT and the Perinatal Lipid Working Group (2007) Dietary fat intakes for pregnant and lactating women. Br J Nutr 98:873-877
1. Why do we intake EC-GRO Algae DHA?
Docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, is a polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acid (PUFA) found throughout the body. It is a major structural fat found in the brain and eye accounting for up to 97% of the total omega-3 fats in the brain It is a key component for different function in a wide range of organs. DHA cannot be synthesized within human body, but can be absorbed through daily diet.
2. What are the benefits of taking EC-GRO algae DHA during pregnancy?
One capsule of EC-GRO algae DHA softgel can replenish daily DHA intake of pregnant women.
- Help reduce the risk of preterm birth
- Help reduce the mother forgetfulness and anxiety
- Help the fetal brain and eyes grow
- Help prevent fetal weight problems
3. What is dietary sources of DHA?
- Algae – Certain algae are natural sources of DHA and EPA. While most people believe that fish produce their own DHA and EPA, in fact, it’s the algae in their food chain that makes them a rich source of these omega-3s.
- Fatty fish including anchovies, salmon, herring, mackerel, tuna and halibut.
- Eggs naturally contain small amounts of DHA, but new DHA-enriched eggs can contain up to 57mg of DHA per egg.
- DHA fortified foods, beverages and supplements.
EC-GRO Algae DHA, produced from algae, is a natural vegetarian source of DHA.
4. How much DHA should pregnant and nursing women intake daily?
Recognizing the importance of maternal DHA intake, a workshop sponsored by the National Institutes of Health and International Society for the Study of Fatty Acids and Lipids (NIH/ISSFAL) recommended an intake of 200mg/day of DHA for pregnant and nursing women.
5. Does flaxseed oil contain DHA?
Flaxseed oil is a source of alpha-linolenic acid, ALA, a precursor of DHA. ALA is an important source of energy, however there are no known specific benefits of ALA on brain or eye development and function. While the human body can convert ALA to DHA and EPA, it occurs at a rate of less than 1%, so it is best to consume preformed DHA directly for the health benefits.
EC-GRO Algae Oil DHA
|Ingredients︰||DHA-rich algae oil (DHA Algae oil, Sunflower oil, Natural
Rosemary flavoring, Antioxidants (E304),
Antioxidants (E307)), Modified potato starch,
Humectant (E422), Potato starch, Humectant (E420),
Gelling agent (E407a), Emulsifier (E471),
Glazing agent (E903)
|Directions︰||Take 1 softgel per day with a meal.|
|Packaging︰||770mg per softgel, 60 softgels per box,
Each softgel contains 200 mg algae oil DHA。
|Attention︰||This product is not a substitute medicine for a varied and
balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Please do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
|Storage ︰||Keep tightly closed in cool and dry place.
Keep out of reach of children.